Combined Shell & End Gauging Platform
non-contact measurement of food/beverage shells and end progressions
- Combined shell and progression measurement in one unit
- Easy upgrade path from single gauge to dual function
- Saves cost of purchasing two separate gauges
- Reduced servicing costs (only one gauge to maintain; non-contact sensors require little maintenance)
- Simplifies operator training (only one gauge to learn)
- Minimizes gauging footprint (saves laboratory floor space)
- Accepts food and beverage shells and ends
The unique ES8000 hardware platform can be configured as a Progression Gauge, Shell Gauge, or both. The gauge redefines standards for flexibility and measurement repeatability.
Dual-laser calipers simultaneously scan above and below the end.
- End diameters: 46 mm to 95 mm /113 to 307 (automatic adjustment)
- Ends accepted: all circular beverage and food ends and shells (contact for Sencon for details of other shapes)
- Rivet position: either centered or off-centre rivets measured
- End finishes: plain, colored and black coated ends measured
- Infeed: three drawers each with fully adjustable end locators
IMPROVE PRODUCT QUALITY
Non-contact sensors simultaneously measure features from both top and bottom surfaces of the end. The compiled test results present a clear, accurate and comprehensive visualization of the features measured. If specification limits are reached, the gauge gives immediate warning via the operator screen and the warning beacon. Results are classified, displayed and automatically exported to 3rd party SPC systems.
MULTIPLE SIZES, FLEXIBLE LOADING
Batches of different sizes can be set up via three loading drawers, which can be loaded while gauge is running. Each drawer has separate input and output locations for easy reference.
ADDITIONAL END DESIGNS
Additional end designs or features can be added at a later date, made possible with Sencon's new, flexible Gauge Builder software framework.
SPECIFY EITHER SHELL, PROGRESSION OR BOTH
The common gauging platform makes it easy to upgrade at any time. Adding a second gauging function saves both cost and floor space. A combined, dual gauge can also be specified at the time of purchase.