Upgrades for Can Body Light Testers
ULTP - Universal Light Tester Package
high speed detection of pinholes, split flanges and cracked domes
- Improved reliability and stability
- No degradation of sensitivity over time (single solid state electronic detector)
- Reduced maintenance and running costs
- Increased speed capability—3600cpm
- Improved machine information
- Fault diagnostic facilities
- All kinds of cans accepted, including bottle cans
- Easy set-up and operation
Sencon light testers, which are supplied on the latest neckers, provide high speed light inspection to detect pinholes, split flanges, and cracked domes.
Rejection rates of 100% have been achieved on cans with 0.002 inch (0.05 mm) pinholes. Rejection of cans is provided by an air jet on the can guide, which is controlled by Sencon's high speed solenoid driver technology.
A solid state sensor is used to detect leaks. LED lighting offers low maintenance, high performance illumination. Existing quartz-halogen systems can be upgraded with an LED lighting array and a more sophisticated detector system.
Updates for single detector can light testers
Analog photomultipliers found on some single detector light testers (such as Reynolds RT5 or RT6*) degrade over time, requiring constant adjustment or regular replacement. Sencon can replace them with a solid state electronics pack and a simplified lighting system. This delivers greater stability with equivalent detection levels, and no need for regular adjustments as the light detector does not become less sensitive over time. Maintenance is minimized as lamp replacement and cleaning of the detector lens are the only scheduled maintenance tasks.
High intensity halogen lamps which are supplied as standard on older installations have proved to be simple and reliable. However, LEDs are better matched to the sensitivity of the detectors than broad spectrum halogen light. So installing an LED lighting array improves the sensitivity of the system. Using solid state LED lighting should also reduce the frequency of maintenance required, further minimizing downtime. Built in reflectors ensure that illumination is evenly distributed around the can, thereby removing any need for an infeed lamp. The LED lighting array is available in 3x3 or 3x4 configuration which allows greater flexibility with different can sizes.
(3x5 array also available)
- benefits of LED upgrade
- Increased detection sensitivity to find smaller defects
- Reduced maintenance frequency - further minimizes downtime
- 30% reduction in energy by lamps
- Flash control to avoid the sensor being swamped by excess light from a defective can
- No need for infeed lamp